Licenses received earlier than 1st January 1997
• All licensed drivers who exceeded the auto riding take a look at before January 1st 1997, at the moment are required to skip a specific sensible check for you to tow caravans or a few trailers. learn more
• Drivers that handed the test before 1997 get to preserve their current entitlement to tow trailers. this indicates they get to drive a trailer mixture up to 8,250kgs most legal mass (i.e. MAM) and also a minibus with a trailer of maximum legalmass as much as 750kgs.
Licenses obtained on and after 1st January 1997
• The drivers passing a take a look at on or after 1st January 1997 are entitled to pressure a car and trailer mixture up to a few,500kgs maximum legal mass or MAM furnished the maximum authorized mass of the trailer does now not in any manner exceed the unladen mass of the towing car.
• Drivers willing to tow a trailer or caravans exceeding these weight limits would need to pass a B+E Trailer test.
License obtained on or after 19th January 2013
• Drivers already having a B+E license to drive motors preserve their entitlements.
• Drivers who’ve passed the b+e car and trailer schooling on or after nineteenth January 2013 are not authorized to tow a trailer weighing above 3,500kgsand additionally the combines most legal mass of the automobile and the trailer shall now not be greater than 7,000kgs.
The realistic driving test
• The B+E trailer take a look at is a take a look at based on the lorry driving check.
• It lasts for one hour.
• A B+E trailer test is conducted at vocational riding check facilities.
• The test includes the following sports including automobile safety questions, a managed prevent, uncoupling as well asthe coupling of the trailer, an off opposite maneuver and ultimate however now not the least riding on the road.
• the following sports are not examined on this kind of a check like that of reverse parking, an emergency stop on a public street, reversing round a corner or turning on the street.
Bit approximately the trailer training
• B+ E trailer schooling is provided through many riding colleges.
• The education direction is set up according to the want and enjoy of the drivers. that is usually two days training.
• Day one often includes all of the strategies. those encompass checking the trailer, the wheels of the trailer and the tyres, checking the outside lockers are locked for protection, hitching up effectively, making sure the safety of the breakaway cable, checking the rear of the caravan, the rear lighting fixtures and signs.
• The B+E trailer training also consists of reversing and managed preventing, and retaining velocity limits and checking the mirrors continuously for motors inside the again while doing so.
• the second day in general constitutes of the coupling and uncoupling methods.
some files that are necessary for the check are an correctly insured and authorized automobile appropriate for testcause, each components of the picture card license, a legitimate in-date passport and the ideal principle check passcertificate.